A workplace accident can happen in any work environment: factories, construction sites, fishing or cargo boats, transport vehicles, loading docks, and even corporate offices. Whether your on-the-job accident happened as an occupational hazard, or as the result of an employer’s failure to follow OSHA standards of safety, The Cochran Firm South Florida is here to help you seek fair compensation for medical expenses and lost income. To find out more about the types of work injuries that may qualify you for Workers’ Compensation and/or other types of benefits, you can contact our Miami Workers’ Compensation lawyers for a free case evaluation.
Types of Workplace Accidents
In many cases, workplace accidents can occur due to an employer’s failure to provide proper training, safety gear, or well-maintained equipment, making the employer responsible for your injuries.
- Falls from heights, scaffolding, and elevated work premises
- Accidents caused by defective equipment or defective company car or truck parts
- Falling objects or equipment
- Exposure to toxic chemicals, asbestos, or other materials
- Falls due to unstable flooring, broken steps, holes, or other unsafe surfaces
- Slippery floors due to unattended spills or leaks
- Fires due to electrical hazards or unguarded flames
- Falls due to hazardous obstacles
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Heavy lifting strains or spinal injuries
- Accidents or assaults caused by poor lighting and negligent security
- Faulty equipment
If your family is dealing with serious financial problems after a loved one was injured in a workplace accident in Miami, Ft Myers, Ft Lauderdale, or anywhere in the south Florida area, our Miami Workers’ Compensation attorneys can help. Please call or e-mail our trusted Workers Compensation lawyers to learn about the best way to seek compensation.