Possession with intent to distribute is a drug trafficking crime in the state of Florida. Depending on the type and quantity of drugs in your possession, this drug related offense can have serious consequences. The penalties for drug trafficking are as follows:
- 25-2,000 pounds or 300 or more plants: 3 years in prison, $25,000 fine
- 2,000-10,000 pounds or less than 2,000 plants: 5 years in prison; $50,000 fine
- 10,000+ pounds, or 10,000+plants: 15 years in prison, $200,000 fine
- 28-200 grams: 3 years in prison, $25,000 fine
- 200-400 grams: 7 years in prison, $100,000 fine
- 400 grams-1500 kilograms: 15 years in prison; $250,000 fine
- 4-14 grams: 3 years in prison, $50,000 fine
- 14- 28 grams: 15 years in prison, $100,000 fine
- 28 grams-30 kilograms: 25 years in prison, $500,000 fine
If you have been charged with possession with intent to distribute, you need an aggressive criminal defense attorney on your side to help fight your charges and guarantee your rights.
If you have been charged with possession with intent to distribute in or around Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm, or Ft. Myers, Florida, please contact the Cochran Firm South Florida to schedule an initial consultation with one of our experienced drug trafficking attorneys today.